Saturday, January 2, 2021

Dasyu Ratnakar



Long ago, in the mythological period there was a robber

named Ratnakar. He used to rob the people in the forest near his village. After robbing them he used to kill them. People

were very afraid of him.

One day, while he was waiting for a prey, he saw Devarishi

Narada roaming freely in the jungle. He asked him to hand over

whatever he had. But Narada told him, “You are opening the

way to hell for yourself by robbing and killing the innocent

people.” Hearing Narada, Ratnakar said in his defence, “I am

doing this to look after my family. It is my duty.” Narada said, “Are you sure that your

family will share the burden of the sin you are committing? Go

and ask them. I will wait for you here." Ratnakar thought for a
while. Then, he tied Narada to a tree and left for his house
Having reached his house, he asked his parents whether they
would share the burden of the sin he is committing to feed them.
They refused and said that they never asked him to rob the
people. Ratnakar was very surprised. When he put the same
question to his wife, she also refused to share the burden of his
sin.
Now Ratnakar was disappointed and sad. He thought, 'I have
been killing and robbing people only for my family. This way I
was opening the way to hell for myself. But my family is not
ready to share even the burden of these sins with me.' He came
back to the forest and untied Narada.
He fell on the feet of Narada and said, "You have opened my
eyes. Kindly guide me to the right path of life."


Narada blessed Ratnakar and said, "I am happy
that you have repented on your wrongs. Now chant the name
*Rama' and you will get the salvation of your soul,” Saying
this, Narada disappeared.Thereafter,
Ratnakar sat under a tree to meditate as
advised by the sage, Narada and started
chanting the name of Lord Rama. 
He did this for many years.
Even when ants made an anthill around him,
 
 he did not move from his place.
The robber Ratnakar later became popular as the great

Maharishi Valmiki

 who wrote Ramayana,
 the great epic in Sanskrit literature.



No comments:

OKRA_FRAMING

ଜୟୀ ରାଜଗୁରୁ (Freedom fighter)

ଜୟୀରାଜଗୁରୁ : ଇଂରେଜମାନେ ଭାରତକୁ ବାଣିଜ୍ୟ କରିବା ପାଇଁ ଆସି ଧୀରେ ଧୀରେ ରାଜନୈତିକ ବ୍ୟାପାରରେ ପ୍ରବେଶ କଲେ। ସେମାନେ ଗୋଟିକ ପରେ ଗୋଟିଏ ରାଜ୍ୟ ତାଙ୍କ ସାମ୍ରାଜ୍ୟର...